How Can We Help

Canada has different levels of government, each with explicit and implied authority. Federal, provincial, and municipal – they each have their own roles and responsibilities, and they generally cannot overrule another government's jurisdiction.

Different levels of government may provide funding for different governments' projects, but the project remains a project of a specific level of government.

Here are a few examples:

Municipal – talk to your local City Councillor

Contact: Town Councillor

  • Animal Control
  • Anniversary, Birthday and Special Event Scrolls
  • By-law Enforcement
  • Subsidized Housing Issues
  • Land Use Planning
  • Local Public Transportation
  • Local Roads and Snow Removal
  • Noise Complaints
  • Ontario Works (Social Assistance)
  • Police & Fire Protection
  • Property Taxes
  • Recreation
  • Waste Collection & Recycling
  • Water & Sewer Services

Federal – talk to your local Member of Parliament

Contact: Ben Lobb, Member of Parliament (MP)

  • Anniversary, Birthday and Special Event Scrolls
  • Banking Concerns & Issues
  • Canada Pension Plan
  • Old Age Security
  • Census
  • Citizenship Issues
  • Criminal Law
  • Currency
  • Employment Insurance
  • Federal Income Tax & CRA
  • Foreign Policy & Foreign Relations
  • Immigration/Sponsorship/Visitors Visas
  • National Defence
  • Postal Service
  • Social Insurance Numbers

As a Member of Provincial Parliament, I can help you with items within Ontario's jurisdiction. These are just a few examples:


Contact: Lisa Thompson, Member of Provincial Parliament (MPP)

  • Anniversary, Birthday and Special Event Scrolls
  • Birth Certificates, Death Certificates & Marriage Certificates
  • Family Responsibility Office (FRO) Issues
  • Health Cards
  • OHIP Issues
  • Highways
  • Natural Resources & the Environment
  • Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
  • Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)
  • Trillium Drug Program
  • Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB)


Provincial Directory

Ministry of Community and Social Services

Ministry of Energy

Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care

Ministry of Labour

Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities

Service Ontario


Have a question I can help with? Please give our office a shout at (Bruce County) 519-396-3007 or (Huron County) 519-523-4251 or email us at [email protected]