Ontario supports hospital upgrades and repairsPublished on September 15, 2020
[HURON-BRUCE] — The Ontario government is providing more than $3.8 million to hospitals in Huron-Bruce...
For immediate release:
NEWS September 15, 2020
Huron-Bruce MPP Lisa Thompson said that the Health Infrastructure Renewal Fund will help hospitals maintain their infrastructure and ensure a safe and comfortable environment for patients to receive care.
“Every year these funds play a vital role in making sure our hospitals are kept up to date and safe,” Thompson said. “With today’s challenging times, this money is especially important.”
Hospitals receiving money include:
- South Bruce Grey Health Centre - $2,165,017 (including hospitals in Kincardine, Walkerton, Chesley, and Durham)
- South Huron Hospital - $446,012
- Wingham and District Hospital - $497,793
- Seaforth Community Hospital - $365,478
- Alexandra Marine and General Hospital - $146,332
- Clinton Public Hospital - $223,880
Projects will also support the hospitals in their ongoing response to COVID-19, such as updating HVAC systems to enhance patient and staff safety, creating additional isolation space and negative air pressure flow rooms to increase capacity and enhancing infection prevention and control measures.
· Ontario is investing an additional $7.4 million to address ongoing urgent and/or emergent infrastructure renewal needs for community health service providers who met specific criteria on a priority basis, through the Community Infrastructure Renewal Fund.